“If you’re FINDING for a top-notch health and fitness tracking smartwatch and money isn’t a concern, Choose Fitbit
It offers advanced features, a user-friendly interface, and a large app ecosystem, making it the ultimate choice for comprehensive and high-quality health and fitness tracking.
But if you WANT a budget-friendly option without sacrificing style and design, Choose Amazfit.
It has features like heart rate monitoring, GPS tracking, and long battery life, Amazfit is a versatile device that offers reliable wellness insights at an affordable price.
Amazfit and Fitbit are amazing wearable fitness trackers. Some key differences between the two include:
Amazfit Band 5 Trending
Fitbit Charge 5 #1 Best Seller in Sports & Outdoors
If you don’t have time to read the full review, see the video below
Read detailed comparisons of both smartwatch Fitbit and amazfit
Criteria Of Amazfit And Fitbit
Amazfit vs Fitbit Features Comparison
Related Article Fitbit ionic vs fossil gen 5
Amazfit Or Fitbit: The Hardware
Fitbit offers fitness trackers and smartwatches at different price points and with different features.
Amazfit has now introduced its Amazfit Band 7 budget fitness tracker to its collection. Fitbit offers a bit more variety with the Charge 4 and Inspire 2 if you like the band-style form factor. Fitbit’s fitness trackers will last longer and still be available
Amazfit takes an opposite approach to wearables than Fitbit. A total of 18 smartwatches are available in its collection. The company also manufactures headphones and other connected fitness technology, such as smart treadmills.
Amazfit Or Fitbit: The Apps
Amazfit and Fitbit both produce well-built, feature-rich wearables that look like they’d be fun to wear on the hardware front.
However, looking good and being suitable for the gym is just one part of the puzzle. You may ultimately decide between the two platforms based on the software that puts that hardware to good use.
Amazfit Band 5 Trending
Fitbit Charge 5 #1 Best Seller in Sports & Outdoors
The Fitbit companion app is available for smartphones as well as on the web. However, most of your interactions will probably take place on the app on your phone.
You’ll find Fitbit’s app to be easy to use, and that’s exactly what you get.
Get a glimpse of your fitness tracking each day, check in with friends and groups, and discover new programs and challenges to try. It’s a clutter-free app that makes it easy to find the data you want.
Fitbit Sleep Tracking
Fitbit offers its own Premium subscription service that offers wellness reports, audio and video workouts, and deeper sleep insights. Access to these features will cost you money.
As well as Fitbit’s own built-in features, the Fitbit app also works with a range of third-party apps such as Strava and MyFitnessPal.
It is confusing that the Zepp app is the official name for the Amazfit ecosystem. In addition to that, it’s a good place to keep track of your fitness and health data. Walking, running, and cycling can also be tracked manually.
Watch faces are not supported by all devices, and you cannot download apps. When it comes to recovering from workouts and optimizing fitness levels, you can see daily heart rate trends, a breakdown of sleep, and fitness trends like VO2 Max.
Also, some Amazfit devices use the PAI score, which was developed by wearable tech company Mio. This is a single health score based on heart rate and is designed to ensure you’re regularly working your heart.
Amazfit Fitness And Sleep Tracking
In terms of third-party app support, it’s not quite as extensive as Fitbit’s app, but there are some important ones. Strava is a more useful integration than the Chinese messaging service WeChat. For those devices that support Alexa, it also works with it. You can also see videos of your outdoor activities with the app Relive and Google Fit.
This companion app manages to be both sparse and busy at the same time. The app isn’t as slick as Fitbit’s, but it should have everything you need to play with settings and review your vital health and fitness information.
Fitbit Vs Amazfit: Fitness Tracking
Fitbit and Amazfit’s wearables offer basic trackings, such as monitoring daily step counts and sleep patterns. Depending on your device, you may also be able to track elevation to gain deeper insights.
- At their core, both platforms display steps, distance walked, and periods of inactivity. To convert wrist movement into motion data, these devices use similar motion sensor setups and software algorithms.
- Despite the fact that no two devices deliver the same data, the devices we tested across both platforms did not produce wildly inaccurate results.
- Based on optical, light-based sensors, both platforms provide heart rate-based health insights. Fitbit heart rate features to track the medical-grade ECG sensor found in the latest Apple Watch.
- According to both companies, their heart rate sensor technologies can detect signs associated with heart disorders like atrial fibrillation. These heart rate data are also used by Fitbit and Amazfit to provide richer sleep insights. In our opinion, Fitbit does a better job of it.
- Amazfit’s Training Load, VO2 Max, and PAI Health scores are more sporting than Fitbit’s heart rate-based exercise tracking.
- The Fitbit definitely has the edge when it comes to presentation. It neatly and simply presents the components of your sleep in a way that most people can understand. It doesn’t matter whether it’s sleep stages or additional sleep scores offered by Fitbit Premium. Furthermore, Fitbit offers more sleep insights into tracked data than Amazfit.
- Amazfit certainly doesn’t shirk its responsibilities when it comes to sleeping breakdowns and sleep quality analysis – and you still receive that single-number sleep score. Similar to Fitbit, it is testing out new features like breathing quality analysis. The accuracy was also impressive, but Fitbit’s data and algorithms are years ahead – and that shows.
Stress And Recovery
- Fitbit is the only winner if you care about mindfulness and tracking your mental state. Many of its devices offer guided breathing options based on their onboard heart rate monitors. The company’s new Sense watch tracks stress deeper than ever before.
- Although Amazfit does provide stress tracking through heart rate variability measurements, Fitbit clearly offers more in terms of monitoring your mental health.
Women’s Health Tracking
- Another success for Fitbit is when it comes to women’s health features. The Fitbit mobile app provides information about menstruation and fertility cycles. Several of those data can also be viewed on its smartwatches.
- Amazon Fit recently launched its own women’s health tracking feature in addition to tracking periods and predicting menstrual cycles.
Fitbit Vs Amazfit: Sports tracking
Fitness and sports tracking are at the core of both platforms. It is possible to take things beyond step tracking with these devices across the board.
If you need more advanced sports tracking, there are certainly some that perform better.
GPS Tracked Workouts
- Fitbit’s fitness trackers and smartwatches offer dedicated modes for running, cycling, and more basic workouts. Pool-specific devices track only pool activity.
- When GPS isn’t available, it’ll use motion sensors to track metrics like distance, which will never be as reliable as GPS.
- There’s a wealth of sports modes on most of its watches including outdoor activities like hiking and you can get open water swim tracking where available. As with Fitbit, the data is generally reliable, but it is more intended for casual fitness enthusiasts
In addition to the Versa, Ionic, Sense and Charge 4, GPS tracking is also done through your phone, which means you have to be outside with your device to get that data.
On almost all of its wearables, Amazon Fit offers GPS functionality. The Amazfit Bip S is a budget-friendly option, as is the GTS 2, or the more rugged T-Rex.
- It has become easier than ever to track swimming with Fitbit devices that have a water lock feature. That’s only pool swimming, as we’ve already mentioned. On the whole, Fitbit’s smartwatches have the best screens for reviewing data in real time and are accurate.
- Amazfit’s devices offer pool and open water swimming metrics such as SWOLF, pace, and stroke analysis. Swim data can be reviewed on nice, bright screens, and the accuracy is there, too, which gives it an edge
Heart Rate In Workouts
- I found this to be quite interesting. With Fitbit wearables with heart rate monitors, you can gauge your fitness level by tracking your resting heart rate and working in heart rate zones.
- The Amazfit app also offers a rich level of detail regarding your HR data. Most Amazfit devices do not support external heart rate monitor chest straps, though you can usually broadcast HR data to compatible devices and apps to expand your options.
Within its companion smartphone app, Amazfit offers similar functionality during workouts as well as additional insights like VO2 Max.
We think accuracy is a bit mixed across both platforms. Fitbit’s newest devices, like the Charge 4, Versa 3 and Sense, offer more reliable data. It’s also true that these devices can produce data that is questionable at times.
Fitbit VS Amazfit: Verdict
Due to its current ecosystem, Fitbit is preferred over Amazfit. As for fitness tracking, it does a better job than Amazfit on the smartwatch front as well.
In addition to apps, payments, watch faces and improving music features, it also has a watch face.
Its devices are also really easy to use. For the most part, it works and is easy to use for a broad spectrum of ages.
There are trackers for kids as well as smartwatches and fitness trackers for those who want something a bit more capable.
Sports tracking is good, but there’s clearly room for improvement.
As a platform, it excels at covering all bases. Despite its shortcomings, what you get as a package is generally very reliable.
Fitbit’s wearables look better than Amazfit.
Amazfit has been around for less time than Fitbit, but don’t let that discourage you.
There is already evidence that it can build well-built, attractive wearables with lots of features at a reasonable price.
The issue has always been with the software foundations that enable the hardware to shine, and while things are still clunky and buggy in some places, they’ve improved dramatically.
You’re getting well-presented fitness and health data along with useful insights.
Sport tracking and battery life are where Amazfit really shines, perhaps even more than Fitbit.
The features you get to go beyond basic tracking. Besides Fitbit’s basic outdoor activity modes, there are more outdoor activity modes that offer useful metrics.
A little more emphasis is placed on optimizing training and recovery.
Is Amazfit a good brand?
Despite making some of the best smartwatches and fitness trackers, Amazon fit’s devices generally rank lower on our list. As a result, Amazfit does not have a dedicated app store or the ability to send messages from the wrist like, say, the Apple Watch 7.
Is Amazfit worth buying?
Huami Amazfit GTS is a cheap smartwatch that keeps track of basic fitness and health statistics. Although we don’t recommend this product over competing devices like the Fitbit Versa 2, it’s still a decent option for those who prefer the look and feel of an Amazfit watch.
Is Amazfit compatible with Fitbit?
Fitbit smartwatches and smartbands can also be used with the Zepp companion app, now known as Amazfit. A revealed in the code inside Zepp, now known as Amazfit, in the future Fitbit smartwatches and smart bands (old and new) will also be supported
How does Amazfit track steps?
The Amazfit App will display the real walking steps and start counting from step 10. By analyzing how far one’s arm would swing while walking at a normal pace, our products gather your step/calorie data. Users’ height, weight, and gender are taken into account when developing this algorithm.
Does Amazfit measure BP?
Accordingly, the company has now released a new feature for the Amazfit GTR 3 Pro smartwatch that supports automatic blood pressure monitoring during the nighttime through the combination of sleep monitoring and blood pressure monitoring.
Related Article Fitbit vs bellabeat